Odwome - Balance Druid

Looking to join Don't Laugh At My Giraffe? Post your application here!

Odwome - Balance Druid

Postby odwome » Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:35 am

1. Character Name and server:
Odwome-Proudmoore

2. Class/Spec you are applying for:
Balance Druid

3. Btag so we can get in touch with you:
seedmole#1378

4. Any off specs you play to a competent level and are adequately geared. (Must be within 1 tier of relevancy):
Play both Feral and Guardian in prior expansions, raided on my hunter during that time though. Currently I do some pvp as Resto but I mostly stick to Balance for all content right now.

5. Armory link:
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/chara ... ore/Odwome

6. We raid Tuesday Wednesday Thursday 5pm-8pm ST (8pm-11pm EST) Can you make these times?:
Yup

7. Logs of your intended raiding spec. If you transferred servers/name changed this tier, include your earlier ones too:
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/id/36847396

8. Anything you would like for us to know about yourself?:
I started the expansion on the Vashj server, a low rank/low population server dominated by horde (~4:1 ratio). I did well in mythic+ dungeons and heroic raids, and got AOTC by mid October. A week or so later, the guild I was in was struggling in heroic. I then started looking around for Mythic guilds to apply to, so I wouldn't get stuck playing babysitter for the rest of the tier. The first guild I applied to, Eternal Kingdom on Proudmoore, accepted me as a trial and I transfered over to start raiding with them immediately. The roster was already overfilled so I never got to participate in a full clear. But I was in for our first kills of both Mythrax and Ghuun (November 8 and December 6, respectively.) Since then, they have decided to go forward with an aggressive recruitment strategy, meaning the already over-filled roster got even larger, and yesterday I got the word that I'm being let go from the raid team for lack of space in it. This arrangement was reached on good terms and the raid team and I both have wished each other the best of luck going forward.

Soooo, I'm looking for a new home, preferably here on Proudmoore, and I'm mainly looking for a place with a regular raid slot for me, rather than one where I need to sit for the majority of bosses and then come in to clean things up after half a night of wipes. And I'm looking for a place that takes raiding as a long-term, steady endeavor -- my prior raid team focused so intently on trying to get top 100 and CE that they were willing to extend raid lockouts for a total of maybe 5 or 6 weeks since we got to Ghuun. This led to several people burning out and quitting, and everybody's gear stagnating at the level where it was when we beat Mythrax.

And as for some personal stuff, I live on the west coast, I'm 29, and I take care of horses in my spare time :) Hope to hear back from you sooner than later.
odwome

Return to Recruitment/Apply